SnapChick, Aperture 3.0, headshots, and FILTERS

A simple setup tonight with the intention to show the impact of various filters on them!

First! A video…



The shoot was a very simple setup. D300s with the 17-55mm f2.8, a single SB-800 about 7 feet in from of me to the left of the frame. I triggered the SB-800, which was set to SU-4 “dumb” mode with the popup flash. The SB-800 was set for 1/4 power and I varied the manual popup flash to add a bit of fill, but backed it down a bit if/when I had a shadow on the wall behind me. I was about 8 feet in front of the wall and shot at f4 to minimize any texture detail from the wall. If you have any more specific questions about the setup, just let me know.

For the filtering, I used a combination of some out of the box Aperture 3.0 filters and some of my own modifications in Aperture. The more I use Aperture, the more I like it. I have been enjoying making some of my own custom filters with Aperture – perhaps I will offer a filter pack here on the site in the near future!

Here is a sample image using a “cyanotype” filter. You may know this chemical process as “blueprint.”



Here is one using a filter called “Pink fu-fu-fluffy” which is a free filter that I found online!



And to my VIP’s….. here are the rest of the images. Some of these images are in the “Red Hot” category ๐Ÿ˜‰ Also, I have expanded the VIP images to 1280 pixels wide ๐Ÿ™‚

...

{{{gold|platinum}}}
The rest of this article is available to SnapChick VIP Members only.

Comments are closed.